Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday Makeup (Kinda) Review: Fake it till you Make it.

Fake. Bake. 

I love it. I always have loved fake baking.... it's a problems that stems back to my mother's Hawaiian Tropicana days.... (Yeah, she was one of those girls :) You're welcome mom) I have always tanned in one way or the other... usually the most unhealthy ways possible (they are fast... and I'm impatient.) But as I've grown up (Not gotten older) I have realized that I need to take care of my skin and stay away from things that could cause cancer, wrinkles, etc. I have ventured into the world of spray tans, foam tans, lotion tans, and even tan tissues.... And most of the times it ends in disaster, streaks, issues, smells, and many more things that I wish not to revisit.... Remember: Tanning Disaster. That was only a few months ago... I'm still a little gun shy. 

I had heard a lot about Fake Bake and the mitt that it comes with.... it sounded almost to good to be true... so I had to test it out, obviously. I waited months, and finally broke down and spent the whole $15 dollars on Amazon.com to get this stuff.....



I waited till no one was home and I knew no one would be home for a while and I exfoliated.... so much exfoliation. I wanted to make sure my skin was primed... I'm pretty sure it was more raw than primed. Anyway, I was ready. I followed the instructions and sprayed the mitt and started to work my way around my epidermis until I coated, circularly, my entire body. I was shocked. There was not a streak to be seen, a mark to be found, an item out of place. It was on and I wasn't afraid..... This was weird. The smell was not overbearing, and it dried fairly fast. I was impressed. I'm not going to lie. 

After hours and hours and sleeping on it, I woke up to see a pretty tanned behind..... I was pumped. I am going on day five and I am finally seeing it wear down a little bit but for the price, and the smell, and the application, I can't imagine myself using anything else from now on....


No, I didn't go to the beach, I Fake Baked.

Two hour development.... holy cow.
Be Impressed.

My amazing friend Carrie did my makeup today! Check her out here: StaGlam (Blog on her work to follow :))

Happy Hump Day and don't forget to checkout Bethanie, Uninterrupted Facebook page!


0 comments

Post a Comment