Monday, September 9, 2013

Red Alert: Stila 'Stay All Day' Review

It's a makeup review! I know it's been a while and I'm so excited I found something worth reviewing! Two months ago I was sent a Stila product in my Birchbox. (I hope you are already subscribed... if now subscribe here: Birchbox Subscription ) I looked at it for a hot second and then put it away purely because of the color. It was VIVID red. I have semi-rather large lips and the bolder the color they are the more massive they appear on my face.... at least that is how I feel. So I dismissed the product and went on my merry way.

This past Friday I was cleaning out some of my makeup collection (hoarding) and saw this again: 


I thought, why not give it a try. I'm not going to lie to you I did not believe that it would stay all day or that it would be anything that I would be interested in.... but I tried it anyway. 

First off, it's not really a lipstick. It's like a gloss that dries into a matte finish, liquid lipstick...whatever. I did not put a gloss over it because I was not sure if that would affect the integrity of the 'stay all day'. I personally liked the matte finish. I ate a meal, kissed my Mini and my other half multiple times, drank too much Starbucks, and did not reapply all day. This is how it held up:

First hour. Obviously felt B.A. with a color this bold. Make sure you put it everywhere you want. Note the inside of my lips I missed. 
Hour 4. Staying strong after an Americano and sandwich.
Hour 6. (Instagram filter. Deal with it.) Still staying strong. Made it through tea and kisses (AND DOES NOT SMUDGE OR LEAVE A MARK) Score. 
Hour 8. Finally after hours I started to see wear on the inside of my lips. 
All in all I was shocked. I loved the wear. It lasted 8 hours without issue. It doesn't rub off. And after 8 hours I had to scrub it off with face wash. But once off it doesn't leave a stain on your lips which I love, especially with such a bold color. 

I totally recommend this product (I ordered it in a lighter color for more daily wear though). 

Happy Monday!

0 comments

Post a Comment