Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 17. Pregnancy Real Life Realizations.

I am almost half way done with my pregnancy, even though it feels like I have a LONG way to go. And I do. but at least I am a few short weeks away from my halfway mark. That means something to me... especially with how I've been feeling lately....

I've learned a lot about the body and how it changes during pregnancy.... so many changes.... so much:

1. Case in point, at this moment I NEED a brownie... like it's not even funny. I am tempted to wake Mini up and take her to the store so I can get a brownie. Because I need it THAT BAD

2. I am more excited about my pregnancy pillow coming in than anything else in my life right now.... like tracking it's shipping at this moment, excited. 

3. I went to Wal-mart (ugh) and bought those stretchy ho-y neon color bras ($4.97 each) and I'm not afraid to say they are making my day.... at this point in pregnancy boobs are gross and I'm sick of buying $80 bras every two weeks.... because they are ugly... and gross.... just like pregnancy boobs. #granniebrastatus

4. Sometimes you drive far distances for food that you would never normally eat/drive to get. I'm not ashamed.

5. I wear slippers in public. No, I'm not lying. I own about 4 different pairs and they all have sole bottoms (like shoes) but they're slippers... and I wear them in public. It's embarrassing...and somewhat gross... but my feet enjoy it. And really, I don't mind the judgment, I'm swollen and nasty all over. Pregnancy... it's sexy. Super sexy.

6. I probably hate you at some point during the day if I know you.... No, you didn't do anything... I'm just mad, and at that moment I'm mad at you. Don't try to fix it. Don't try to make me happy... It will probably make me more annoyed... wait ten minutes, it'll change. And then I will love you again.

7. If something doesn't hold my attention within ten minutes, I will fall asleep. Sitting up, laying down, standing... It doesn't matter, I will pass out.

8. Yoga pants. I have about 10-50 pairs, there is no such thing as to many during pregnancy....

9. Self-tanner makes me happy. Being pale is super depressing when you're roly poly...

10. Number one thing that I have learned so far, Never... never... go to a pound, rescue, pet store, when you are pregnant. You will adopt everything. EVERYTHING. And if you are married to a man like Mr. S, he probably will hardly say no, which means your house will become a barn.... and then you will, at some point, during your constant exhaustion completely regret your decision. (At which point certain people will say, "I told you so" and they will be right). 

Well, Saturday we find out the gender... and I can't wait to share with you all!! Happy Thursday!

All they are good for these days.... Cupholder status. :)
The Bump came out last weekend!

0 comments

Post a Comment