Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Oldie but Goodie (Two year Anniversary Post)

It has been two years since the dreaded eyebrow incident of 2011. So in honor of that I decided to pull the original post for my 'Love and Other Stories' blog and post it here for all of you! Enjoy:

~
Houston, we have two problems. They are atop my forehead and they are tricky little buggers.

See here's the thing. I should not be trusted with tweezers. I grew up a tomboy up in trees or in a fort somewhere, and while I've come accustom to makeup and hair brushes (on occasion) I have never been gifted in grooming (facial grooming).

So I sat there for a few moments...stunned you could say....today. I was in front of the mirror. The logical thing to do would have been to cry but I did not cry. I laughed. I laughed for a while before I realized this is a problem. I drove as fast as I could to Wal-mart, spent $20 in cosmetic fix-it hopes...

So I did what every logic grownup woman would do, I sat there and tried every eyebrow type pencil possible. One was too light. One was too liquid-y. One did not show up. One looked too dark, but it was my last hope. I just kept applying and applying...it was a bad idea. Really bad. Though I am sure I am the spitting image of Groucho Marx's twin (from another mother).

Desperate Ideas:

Cover my face up...for weeks.
Or make really weird faces...for weeks.
                           


Could I just pull them off and start over?? Or just apply new ones....

Till then I guess I rather be brow-less...then Groucho. It's going to be a long couple of weeks.


0 comments

Post a Comment