Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How to get Through Strep...

So, it's one of the last few weeks of the summer.... Which means I had to get Strep Throat. Obviously. This always happens. Always. It is the worst. (For those of you that have had it.... you know there is no fun in it... none at all. Nada.) 

But as you know I try to make the best of a crappy (scratchy, swollen throat....fever....death warmed over) situation. I wanted to help any of you out there also get through this as painless as possible. 

My step by step to getting through Strep:

1. Figure out you have strep... they'll probably put one of these on you:


2. Get some medicine for it:


3. Get a crap ton of liquids (soup and tea for me):


4. Take a nap.

5. Take a cold shower....or ten.

6. Watch TV (I chose a marathon of this guy):


7. Shop for clothes on sites that make you feel like you are getting a discount and then you just end up buying more stuff.


8. Try not to pass out from your fever.

9. Try to surround yourself with people that want to baby the crap out of you with back massages and head massages.... if you can't find of those just pay someone at a spa to do it and pretend that they are your actual friend. (And make sure to wear your mask...so you don't get them sick)


10. Finally, don't drink wine with Strep..... I've heard that can be trippy.... that's just what I've heard.

(And make sure you wear lots of makeup....because you can almost fake yourself into believing that you aren't as sick as you really are)


Good luck ya'll and try not to be sick. Mk?? 

0 comments

Post a Comment