Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanks.giving.

I was snuggling up with Mini today at work and we were chatting about life, and she had overheard someone talking about how when Christmas comes around they give less fortunate children toys. She was confused. She then told me about how just this month people talk about what they are thankful for. She was confused again.

The reason for her confusion? She said it so perfectly, "Mommy, we give all year round to people and donate what we can, and we tell God what we are thankful for all year round, not just November."

Out of the mouth of babes.

I am blessed every day out of the year. We all are whether we acknowledge it or not. I try so hard to make it a point to show my thankfulness and teach her to do the same. I believe the old adage, 'To much is given, much is required," And Mini and I have been blessed abundantly in love, grace, peace, monetarily and spiritually and because of that it is my joy as a roll model and parent to teach giving and donation to instill a servants heart. And let me just tell you, Mini has the sweetest heart out there. Goodness she is amazing!

So I may not partake in posting what I am thankful for, for a month, but I hope that I show what I am thankful for year round. I hope I make it personal, and I let those around me know my inner gratitude. I hope everyone embraces thanks.giving. Even maybe past Black Friday :)


Even the smallest of gifts count...

0 comments

Post a Comment