Thursday, February 20, 2014

Really?

Let me start off by saying it is not even 10 AM at the moment and I already am back in bed, partly because I am sick and partly because I am done with the day.... already. 

I woke up with a massive sore throat and fever that was very persistent. I knew I was sick before but I don't mess around when I start feeling like I have strep. I decided to head over to the urgent care. 

Now, being newly married Mr. S put me on his insurance. Even though it was confirmed I still haven't received my card. This hasn't been a problem at any of my other appointments they just have me give them the group number and ID number. 

I made it to the urgent care, and when I walked in I went to explain the situation.... this is what happened next:

Me: I'm recently married, and I was put on his insurance but I haven't received my card yet. His card is on file here though and I have a copy of it if you need to see it. 

Lady behind the Desk (LBD): Um, I'm going to need to see ID before I look up anything.

I hand her my ID that was already in my hand

LBD: You aren't in our file under this last name, I'm going to need your SSN

Me: Yes it changed because I just got married. (I give her my maiden name and SSN)

LBD: So which name are you? 

Me: the same as my husband, and on my ID.

LBD: But your insurance card we have on record doesn't match your husbands.

Me: Because I haven't received my card yet.... and it's changed since I was put on his card... his card is the copy you have in your hand right now. If you call the insurance company they will confirm it.

LBD: I just don't think I can do anything for you.... I really think you just need to bring him in with you so I can verify why you're trying to tell me. 

Me: Sounds good to me.......

~

How's your Thursday going? I have to wait until 1 to go to the doctor now so my hubby can chaperone me.... and stress eating Paleo really isn't as comforting as stress eating a Ben's Pretzel right now (Downtown Valparaiso, IN). I'm going to go back to eating my ground turkey and fresh tomatoes.

My babysitter.... waiting on him to take me to the doctor...





1 comments

  1. LOL!!! Aww, that sucks. But your blog Cracks.Me.Up…and I love Ben's Pretzels…maybe I'll get one today...

    ReplyDelete