Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cabin Fever Tomato Basil Soup.

Yesterday I decided that I was going to make Tomato Basil Soup, it's a favorite in our house....but of course, when you are stuck indoors you don't always have all the ingredients you need (Thankfully I did have what I needed because my hubby braved the snow yesterday, not once but twice, to get ingredients for goodies for the week to come) I was searching for an easy, tasty recipe that I could make on the quick. It turned out pretty great if I do say so myself....

Here it is:

Cabin Fever Tomato Basil Soup

Combine:

4 Cups of Tomato Juice
28 oz. of crushed Tomatoes
14 fresh Basil Leaves
1-2 Tsp. Garlic Salt
1-2 Tsp. Crushed Black Pepper
1-2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1-2 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper


Add all these ingredients into a pot on the stove heat to medium and let it simmer for 30-45 minutes. 

Remove from heat and blend. Add back to pot and combine:

1 stick (1/2 Cup) of unsalted butter
1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream


Heat on low for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Top with Grated Parmesian to taste and serve!


Like I said, easy, fast, and also all in one pot which makes me SOOO happy! 


0 comments

Post a Comment