Wednesday, June 18, 2014

C-section Hospital Bag.

I am getting excited about Mr. Man coming but lately have had a few complications that have definitely made me worry... I want him to hold on for 8 more weeks... then if he needs too, he can come :)

Until then my doctor wants me to be prepared now that I am in my third trimester. Since I had complications with my first pregnancy they are going to schedule my c-section for me this time around. So I have gathered a list of must-haves for myself now that I know what I need to be prepared.... I may be over prepared but I hate hospitals and I want to be 'at home' as possible during my stay.

Must Have Packing List:

1. Slippers (Socks and also flip flops for the shower)
2. Robe (I went with a light cotton robe)
3. Toiletries (including makeup, lotion, hair care, tooth care, etc)
4. Night gowns, something that will fit you at 6/7 months (after your c-section you will still have a bump be prepared for that, and stay away from pj sets that have bottoms with elastic around your incision)
5. Maxi dress to go home in (a size larger than my pre-pregnancy size)
6. Magazines; you're going to be exhausted so reading a book is out of the question for me....
7. Snacks; you don't really want to rely on the hospital for quality food. I am bringing healthy items (Higher in fiber... trust me)
8. My own blankets and pillows, lots of pillows.... you are going to need them to be able to sleep comfortably, for your incision on the way home, and in case anyone makes you laugh while you are enjoying your stay.
9. Camera, Phone, chargers for both, an extra memory card, and laptop (and make sure you have Netflix ready to go just in case you can't sleep when you're angel is :))
10. Your ID and insurance for both you and your partner
11. A gift for the older sibling(s), something that is from both you and their new sibling.
12. A carseat (and make sure you have your base already set up in your 'going home' vehicle.
13. Post c-section belly binder, I am ordering a Squeem but I know that there are many options out there. I did my research and for me (and my long torso) the Squeem seemed like the best option for me.
14. I am bringing a 'well wishes' book for any/all of our visitors to leave a special message to Mr. after his delivery that he can read when he is older.

I also am packing my Diaper bag with all of Mr.'s starting items we will need during our stay and for our drive home:

1. Two outfits, I am bringing a sleeper and a gown
2. Mittens, socks, and a hat
3. receiving blankets and burp clothes
4. Toiletries of your choice (and wet wipes if you do not prefer the ones that the hospital supplies)
5. First aid kit, just in case someone is born with long nails :)

And you can't forget your partners... since they probably won't be thinking about packing until it's time to leave:

1. My husband is packing a fold out cot for himself along with blankets and pillows from home
2. Slippers and two changes of clothes (air on the side of comfort)
3. Toiletries
4. A new daddy gift (my version of a push present for daddy)
5. Moscato... okay that is more for me, but it's going in his bag

Happy packing fellow mama's to be!

Maxi Dresses have been a lifesaver these days!!

0 comments

Post a Comment