Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lazy Girls Workout Schedule

I like to avoid this conversation at all cost because it is...sticky. 

I know when you are pregnant you don't want to workout, you don't want to get out of bed half the time. Trust me. I get it. I'm there most days. 

I also know that cravings are no joke. I just had a chocolate cone dipped in chocolate with cheese curds on the side from DQ,

I am all about embracing pregnancy... the good, the bad, and the uncomfortable.... I'm all about it. 

With my first pregnancy I gained over 45 pounds... and I was 20 pounds lighter than I am today but that was seven years ago... I'm older and not as susseptable to change these days.

So when I found out I was pregnant this time around I wanted to do things differently... not for my husband, not for my family, not for the public opinion... I wanted to be the healthiest version of myself for my baby and me. 

I started to workout the moment that I found out I was growing Mr. Man... and I have had waves of not working out (which is to be expected with pregnancy exhaustion) but I've stayed pretty consistent. I know my limitations, and I continue to consult with my doctor when I want to try new things, or increase what I am consistently doing.

I have gained muscle and I feel stronger than I have in years.... but I am pacing myself at the same time. What I have found that works for me is pretty much a variation of the following:

(I don't have pictures or diagrams but if you want that, I can post them next time just let me know!)

Three days a week I spin on my bike 25-40 minutes at a medium speed and retention.

 Then I will try to add 15-20 minutes of regulated reps (HIIT method: High intensity interval training) of workouts approved for preggo bumps like me:

I am an addict to:

1. squats (weighted, wide, side squats, etc variations)
2. leg lift variations
3.Russian twists
4. lunges
5. Kettle Bell Swings
6. High Knee (harder to do the further your pregnancy)
7. Planking
8. Pushup rotations
9. And arm isolated workouts 

I find that HIIT workouts get the fastest results for me personally without expending my whole days energy. 
 
On the days that I don't spin I try to do my HIIT workouts for 30 minutes and then again later in the day for 10-20... My goal is to workout 5 days a week. Some weeks it's less, some weeks it's more. But I never overdo myself, and you really should not when you are pregnant. On the days I rest I stay active as much as I can, cleaning, painting, etc. But I know that around 4/5 at night I am done and I let myself rest. Rest is key for a healthy pregnancy no matter who you are! I hope this helps mama's out there that are trying to stay in shape while pregnant!


Happy Wednesday!

0 comments

Post a Comment