Friday, April 19, 2013

Top Ten Tanning No-No's.

So I used to be a tanning bed addict. I went way to much. I was not 'naturally' as pigmented as those around me were led to believe. I knew it was bad for me, caused wrinkles and I was stupid. And young. Then I switched to spray tans....then lotion. It's been a whole thing, I don't really need to get into it. You get the point. But there are rare occasions that I grace these beds. These tanning bulbs. Just sometimes. And over the years I have observed some things not to do while in the presence of a tanning bed, and here they are:

1. First and foremost, Falling asleep, it's a no-no. Like the biggest no-no out there...and yet this is what I used to do EVERYTIME I tanned...until I found the stand ups. They saved my life. Although I am pretty terrified that I will fall asleep in one of those [FACEBURNNNNN] I can only imagine.

2. Using tingling lotion with sensitive skin, let's just say I didn't know what tingler did. The end. It was awful. Let's drop it [Ralph: Taste like burning].

3. Putting oil on.... now, I did not DO THIS, but I've known people that have.... This is how I feel about that:


4. Not locking the door.... guilty. Leads to awkward, "Oh..sorry I didn't see....I didn't know....I'm just going to leave now." situations.

5. Walking in on someone that did not lock the door.... like number 4 but reverse...and more comical.

6. Forgetting to put your hair up and having hair lines... the joys and trials of having long hair. Always remember a hair tie. No one wants weird tan lines....except this lady maybe:
Unforgiving tan lines= never a good time.

7. Using the tanning stickers.... It just makes you look easy. Yes, I had one in high school. Thank goodness I wore overalls to class. That kind of trumped the sticker. Completely.

8. Having a suspicious mole and tanning anyway, don't do that. I never have, but it just is stupid. Go to the dermatologist and check that out first.

9. Singing at the top of your lungs, I did/do this all the time. Most recent (No I won't tell you when...last week) I was singing to one of my favorite old-school Eminem songs and they switched stations on me...mid-song. Not cool. Not cool brah.


10. Falling out of the tanning room. Okay, let's talk about this for a second. This happened to someone I know...not me last week. Sometimes those rooms are super small and the doors don't lock that well, and sometimes you wear skinny jeans to the tanning bed. And sometimes when you try to take your skinny jeans off your foot gets stuck and sometimes when your foot gets stuck you trip, and sometimes when you trip you fall into the door of the tanning room, and sometimes when you do that the door you land on swings open...and you fall out. I don't know....I just have heard that happens sometimes. And I've heard that it is super embarrassing. And that people shouldn't judge people that this happens too.

So those are my top ten tanning no-no's. In general though I encourage everyone to skip the lights and get the lotion/sprays. Save your skin and your pocket! Happy Friday!

TGIF. Note to self: Skirts are harder to trip over :) 

0 comments

Post a Comment