Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Handy I am not: Hammock Addition

Yesterday I decided I needed a hammock, and I was ready to have it right then and there. I needed it. I mean every back yard needs a hammock, right? Let me preface this by saying I am not 'handy'   but I try really hard to prove that I am, at least once a year. This was my moment. I was going to prove to myself once and for all, I am handy.

Then this happened: 

First, we went to Menards.... everyone asked if I needed help. Apparently my fear and uncertainty was radiating... 

Then we got a little distracted....


Then I had a rude awakening: The box was not going to fit (because I had to...HAD to have the puppy divider up. No really, I did.)

I do not have a big trunk you can stick your bike in....sorry.

Here are the steps to successfully (kind of) putting together a hammock: 

1. Figure out how to fit the box in your car


2. Get home, pull the box to where you want your hammock


3. Look at the directions, briefly


4. Put the hammock stand together in 15 minutes


5. Put the hammock on and realize it's the wrong size


6. Go back to Menards


7. Put the hammock together like a boss 


 8. And finally, relax



So, I was successful...and even though there was a hiccup, for once I was 'handy'. 

Success. 

Happy Thursday! 

0 comments

Post a Comment