Monday, June 4, 2018

So we got a Meijer.

Big news in the big city to the north of me.... and by big city, I mean the city that I lived in up until about a year ago. The big city in total is just shy of 32,000 people... not huge. So, obviously getting a Meijer was trending like a mofo for about two weeks straight on my FB feed. 

I didn't go to the opening. 

I didn't go the first week.

I was excited because the populous was excited.... and they carry my favorite pair of jeans. But that was pretty much the extent of my excitement. 

So, I went. I went with the babies and my bestie. And it was fun, but then I left. And I reflected. I do that sometimes. 

And I've had a few days to really think about it. I hate change, small change, big change.... I had my Blackberry till they told me I couldn't anymore with my plan. And I cried about it.... I'm not kidding I CRIED about it, for a long while. I'll stick with something till it is not worth sticking with, because I hate change. 

[I'm just letting you know this, because that might be were all these feelings are coming from, and maybe I'll regret it in six months] 

But here is how I feel:

Bigger isn't always better-unless we're talking about pasta, movie theater popcorn, or good pizza. 


I have standards. [which seem to solely revolve around food....]

The Meijer is closer to me than Target... but guess what?? I have chosen Target every damn time since I went. It is HOME to my SOUL. It is where I feel peace. It is where I go to feel accepted. Target has loved me at my worst. Target has loved me when I didn't deserve love. Target pulses through my veins.... and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I won't quit you.... Target.... and I know you won't quit me. 

So, I'm not impressed Meijer.... I'm NOT impressed. For now. Maybe forever. 



Knowledge. Dropped.

0 comments

Post a Comment